When a someone passes away, his or her estate often goes through a court-managed process called probate or estate administration, in which the assets of the deceased person are managed and then distributed.
Estate administration involves the following steps:
- collection of the decedent’s assets;
- payment of debts and claims against the estate;
- payment of estate taxes, if any;
- determination of heirs if the decedent died without a will (intestate);
- distribution of the remainder of the estate to those entitled.
JC Brooks Law Firm PLLC has the knowledge and experience of working in probate law and estate administrations matters including:
- dependent administrations;
- independent administrations;
- estate planning;
- affidavits of heirship;
- small estate affidavits;
- muniments of title;
- powers of attorney;
- healthcare directives;
- living wills; and
- asset protection.
Probate law is a unique and complex field. That’s why it’s important to work with an attorney with the knowledge and experience in handling probate matters. If you need help from a probate lawyer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area or anywhere across the Great State of Texas feel free to contact the JC Brooks Law Firm PLLC.